ICT Jobs in malta
InterTek Labs is one of the leading companies in the ICT Sector. We are constantly on the lookout for talent looking for ICT Jobs in Malta. We love what we do, and we strive to build a working environment that is both challenging, but at the same time one that nurtures talent. This is based on the belief that our Human resources are our biggest asset.
Are you looking for a job in ICT? Are you ready to work on projects for some of the biggest companies in Malta? Drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently have the vacancies for the following ICT posts:
If you think you can be an asset to the company we would love to hear from you. Send us a CV on email@example.com.
The post of a Technical Support Specialist is a strategic role within our company and entails providing on-site/remote service and attending to support needs of our customers’ IT systems. The person in this position is responsible for supporting and maintaining customers’ systems as well as contribute towards the successful implementation of clients’ IT projects.
The ideal candidate will have completed tertiary education and will be able to demonstrate a, pro-active can-do attitude with a strong work ethic, hands on technical aptitude and a passion for the IT sector.
Experience & Soft Skills Requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within IT industry, in an IT support role. Experience working as contracted IT support is preferred.
- Interpersonal skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Effective telephone communication skills
- Ability to maintain customer confidence
- Active Listening
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changes quickly, work to deadlines and within budget
- Technical awareness and expertise and keep abreast of developments within the IT industry
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Good problem analysis and diagnosis skills
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems. Knowledge of legacy versions will be considered an Asset. Candidates with formal qualifications such as MCSA, MCSE or equivalent will be preferred.
- Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of mainstream networking technologies & standards such as: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPNS, Layer 2 & Layer 3 Switches, VLANS, QOS, routing, WiFi etc. Candidates will formal qualifications such as CCNA, CCNP or equivalent will be preferred.
- Working knowledge of one or more corporate endpoint security/anti-virus solutions from at least one major vendor such as: Kaspersky, Sophos, McAfee, Symantec, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices related to:
- Server Management & Monitoring
- User Security, Implementation & Enforcement of group policies
- Backup & Disaster Recovery Procedures
Technical Skills – Desirable but not Mandatory
- Knowledge of VoIP technologies using popular VoIP solutions such as Asterisk and/or 3CX
- Knowledge of IP CCTV systems
- Knowledge of one or more mainstream corporate application servers such as the ones below will be considered an important asset:
- Microsoft Exchange/Exchange Online
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft IIS
- Linux Mail, Sendmail, Postfix, Dovecot, Squirrelmail, Spam Assassin etc.
- Scripting using one or more of the following technologies:
- Legacy DOS/Windows batch command language.
- Linux SH/BASH/KSH
- Linux System Administration
- Clean driving licence
- Clean police record
To apply, kindly contact Mr Patrick Genovese on firstname.lastname@example.org
Installing, laying, pulling, routing and terminating structured cabling infrastructure in a commercial or Industrial environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the installation of structured cabling systems
- Laying, pulling and routing CAT3, 5e, 6, 6a and other low-voltage cabling
- Terminating phone & data cables
- Setup of telecoms distribution cabinets
- Ability to understand and maintain network drawings
- Testing/troubleshooting cable related networking issues
- Installing support structures and containment (trunking, cable basket, cable trays etc.)
- Experience with Audio/Video (Coax, HDMI, Speakers, VGA, etc.), Security related work such as IP cameras, IP door control systems, VoIP Systems and Fiber Optic terminations & cable installation will be considered valuable assets.
- Must have valid & Clean driving license
- Must be a hardworking and follow instructions
- Must get along with Co-workers
- Must be able to climb up/down ladders while working & installing cables above ceilings
- Must not be afraid of heights
- Must adhere to strict company health & safety policies.
To apply, kindly contact Mr Etienne Farrugia on email@example.com.