Technical Support Specialist
The post of a Technical Support Specialist is a strategic role within our company and entails providing on-site/remote service and attending to support needs of our customers’ IT systems. The person in this position is responsible for supporting and maintaining customers’ systems as well as contribute towards the successful implementation of clients’ IT projects. The ideal candidate will have completed tertiary education and will be able to demonstrate a, pro-active can-do attitude with a strong work ethic, hands on technical aptitude and a passion for the IT sector.
Experience & Soft Skills Requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within IT industry, in an IT support role. Experience working as contracted IT support is preferred.
- Interpersonal skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Effective telephone communication skills
- Ability to maintain customer confidence
- Active Listening
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changes quickly, work to deadlines and within budget
- Technical awareness and expertise and keep abreast of developments within the IT industry
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Good problem analysis and diagnosis skills
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems. Knowledge of legacy versions will be considered an Asset. Candidates with formal qualifications such as MCSA, MCSE or equivalent will be preferred.
- Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of mainstream networking technologies & standards such as: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPNS, Layer 2 & Layer 3 Switches, VLANS, QOS, routing, WiFi etc. Candidates will formal qualifications such as CCNA, CCNP or equivalent will be preferred.
- Working knowledge of one or more corporate endpoint security/anti-virus solutions from at least one major vendor such as: Kaspersky, Sophos, McAfee, Symantec, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices related to:
- Server Management & Monitoring
- User Security, Implementation & Enforcement of group policies
- Backup & Disaster Recovery Procedures
Technical Skills – Desirable but not Mandatory
- Knowledge of VoIP technologies using popular VoIP solutions such as Asterisk and/or 3CX
- Knowledge of IP CCTV systems
- Knowledge of one or more mainstream corporate application servers such as the ones below will be considered an important asset:
- Microsoft Exchange/Exchange Online
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft IIS
- Linux Mail, Sendmail, Postfix, Dovecot, Squirrelmail, Spam Assassin etc.
- Scripting using one or more of the following technologies:
- Legacy DOS/Windows batch command language.
- Linux SH/BASH/KSH
- Linux System Administration
- Clean driving licence
- Clean police record
To apply, kindly contact Mr Patrick Genovese on email@example.com